Wednesday, November 3, 2010

see!? ashley olsen can wear clothes that fit!!!

so, celebrity dress up is back in business... and business is Ah-Booming. i'm a huge fan of all things olsen. i even dig the homeless look that they rock with ease. mary kate can almost make clogs bearable--- ALMOST. now, i have to say that my own personal style is more ashley. i like a bit more sophistication to my boho look. so here are my recreations of two of my favorite ashley olsen looks using only what i had on hand in my closet. yeah. i'm that good. 

the inspiration:
my look:
so, i flipping adore this look. so simple. so sassy. and so easy to put together. it's ridiculously basic and i bet most people have all of the pieces already!!! i choose my favorite banana republic white v-neck tee, a victoria's secret black bra(call me a skank, but i love a sheer white shirt with a black bra), h&m skirt, sister's belt, and steve madden booties. my skirt was way too long, so i just rolled it up and secured it with the belt. ashley's shoes are grey, but i thought that the purple actually added a fun pop o' color. this look is so perfect for date night or even a business event, sans black bra. love.

the inspiration:
my look:
how cute am i?! :) this look is another goodie. layering is one of my favorite styling tools and no one does it better than tiny lil' ashley olsen. this look made me feel cute and stylish, but so easy... like i wasn't trying too hard. i started with a long, grey splendid tee, added a black j.crew cardigan over that, then my banana republic shrunken boy blazer over top. i added my j.brand skinnies and my sky-high steve madden platforms.  these shoes are better than sex, they turn you into a freakishly tall super model. truth. and they are comfortable. crazy, right!? i topped it all off with a ten dollar olive green scarf... and TADA!!! instant cute. i think the trick to looks that use layering is to keep each layer thin, otherwise you end up looking bulky. no bueno. 

so, there are two of my favorite celebrity dress ups!! what do you think? good looks? did i capture the essence of the outfit!? is there any celebrity you think i should "dress up" as!? let me know. comments make me happy!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment