Saturday, October 16, 2010

all dressed up and nowhere to go...

so, it's been awhile since i've posted fashion pics of myself and there's a reason for that. it involves a big company that wanted me to use celebrity dress up with their brand and then they decided to change their mind. boo. i've been bummed about it, but decided to move on armed with an arsenal of fabulous looks that i am going to share with your now. if you remember, at the beginning of the year i made it my goal to take celebrity looks and using just what i had in my closet recreate the look. this is one of my favorites. 

the inspiration: good ole lizzie maguire all grown up. 

my take:
so, i did all right, yeah!? the chambray shirt is banana republic and it's my hubbies, the pencil skirt is a rocking kensie skirt that i don't know how i ever lived without it, the shoes are steve madden and seriously among the sexiest i own. so simple. so hot. the bracelet is red agate from egypt and one of my favorite pieces. the earrings were a gift from my honorary filipino family. 

i am just in love with this look. so cute for a lunch or even a sophisticated night out. it's totally respectable with a side of naughty librarian. yeah. i went there. i think i got the look pretty spot on, even down to the perfectly beachy hair. 

so, what do you think? is this look worth replicating? how did i manage? what would make the look better? 

No comments:

Post a Comment