Sunday, September 19, 2010

Living Well Taping - Earthdance Manila 2010

Last Saturday, me and the other Living Well hosts and staff got the chance to cover the Earthdance Manila 2010 at the Bantayog ng mga Bayani Q.C.


As I understood it, Earthdance Manila 2010 is a congregation of different people, religions, beliefs, practices, cultures, etc.... all together in one place, to pray for peace and mother earth. - Correct me if I am wrong.  

At 1st I really thought the festival to be weird, but it was just something that I was not used to. Truly a learning experience for me, covering the event made me realize, learn and try alot of things. 

Till now I really can;t express the joy I felt while I was there, I was getting goose bumps all over seeing how devoted the attendees to their cause for peace and Mother Earth.

Here are some pictures I got from the event:


In the opening ceremonies, a woman dresses in all white praying to Bathala. Afterward like dozens of different religious representatives said their prayers. Really a congregation for peace! 


Picture with Fritz Barth and Billy Bonevie who were in the event to just play their favorite musical instruments, and later on got the people in the event dancing. Dancing for Mother Earth and asking for blessings, of course I danced with them. 


Fire dancers lite up the event

Fritz and Billy said that the music they played was World Music, explanation is that the different instruments they used are from different parts of the world, and they all came to one harmony and created good music. 

Event organizer Epi Quizon was so passionate about the event, explained to us each and every part of the festival. 

 The stage set up 


I really had so much fun in this event, I learned so much. I wanted to stay till the event ends but was really sooooo tired to even stand up. Ill be watching our for next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment