Tuesday, June 1, 2010

risks, breaks, and headbands. oh my.

so i have been mia for a week or so, but i find myself unsure of what i am doing in this world. a struggle, i think, that any creative person must battle. i took a few days to go spend time with an ah-mazing friend and that really gave me the rest i needed and even a bit of a creative boost. it was a lovely break.

i also began taking a writing/photography/reflection course called unravelling. it's led by a woman in england and it is really refreshing to feel like i wake up in the morning with purpose, but because it is "self-reflection" i have to really learn things about myself and put myself out there creatively. you should check out the link, it's brilliant, another class will start in august, i think.

while staying with my friend i had a ton of time to play with the largest collection of jewelry and accessories i have ever seen in my life. it was wonderful. i also overcame my fear of headbands. i wore an ah-mazing piece by stacey lapidus and really had brilliant feed back on it. i am a bit obsessed now. i like looking like a sparkly hippie. here are some of my favorite shots from the trip.

so that's just a bit of fun.  but what helps you "find yourself" when you feel lost? what makes you feel peaceful when all you see is chaos? okay, enough mopey shit. i'll be back my normal chipper self next post see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment