Saturday, December 17, 2011

Sherlock Holmes Star Jude Law Dishes Drunken Curtain Call


Celebrity Gossip - Making a stop at the Ed Sullivan Theatre to promote his "Sherlock Holmes" sequel, Jude Law appeared as the guest on the "Late Show with David Letterman" on Friday night (December 16).

Sherlock Holmes Star Jude Law Dishes Drunken Curtain Call



The hunky British actor plugged his just-released motion picture while also telling a story of how he was tricked into getting drunk during the last night of performing in the stage production of Eugene O'Neill's "Anna Christie".

Recalling the eventful evening, Law told, "On the last night, the last scene. There's a lot of talk in this play about drinking and fighting and, um, in the last scene the father of Anna - who has been my kind of nemesis throughout - finally confronts me and we decide to put our differences aside and he had this big bottle of whiskey and we'd swig it and throughout the run I'd be taking [makes gulping motion] huge glugs of this stuff and it's water you know. And of course on the last night, he brings out a bottle of whiskey, unbeknownst to me. The biggest lesson I learned is that you don't really drink whiskey like that [gulps again]. Because when I did, when I did... yeah."

Enjoying the story, Letterman then asked, "Did it good or bad bring something to the performance?"
Laughing as he answered, Jude replied, "I don't remember... All I remember is the last night and the party afterwards went fantastic."

No comments:

Post a Comment