Saturday, December 17, 2011

Katy Perry On 'Saturday Night Live' Video: Sketches & Russell Brand

Katy Perry Russell Brand

For all her fun songs, music videos and public stunts, Katy Perry will be taking her first real stab at substantial live comedy acting when she hosts "Saturday Night Live." It's a daunting task, but luckily, she's got a pretty seasoned humor expert in her corner.
Also, her bed.
As Perry told MTV, her husband, Russell Brand, has been giving her plenty of advice, based on his own experience hosting the show.
"My husband, of course, every day I call him and I'm like 'this happened,'" she said, "and he's like, 'I know what that means and here's the next play-by-play for tomorrow,' so he's gotten me really prepared for this week, thankfully."
Brand hosted the show last February, to critical acclaim. Much of his episode centered on his exquisite Britishness, including the "British Movie" sketch and the "Royal Taster." Perry, of course, doesn't have that heritage or accent to play, but she does have another prominent asset that the writers of the sketch show wanted to highlight.
"There were a lot of [skit] pitches about my boobs," she recently told Access Hollywood. "I was cool about that, but I'm not sure all of it [got] in. So we'll see."
That they'd be so eager to use her natural gifts to create comedy makes some sense; last year, Perry, as musical guest, generated some big publicity for a sketch that lampooned her Sesame Street debacle.
As for other sketches, she gave MTV a quick preview of what to expect.
"Well, you're gonna see some Hello Kitty, some cockney accents, maybe, and some me flubbing my lines, probably laughing out loud at Kristen Wiig, 'cause she's amazing," Perry said.
There's also that digital short with Matt Damon looking his absolute best to get excited about.
For more, click over to MTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment