Friday, May 14, 2010

quick living room revamp...

so, i was getting super tired of my living room style. it just bored me. it wasn't me. i was just tired of the dull colors and felt that it needed to be pulled together better. my darling friend abs lead me to fabricadabra which has the most ah-mazing pillows. so with a few pieces, some new pillows, and a bit of diy art work and i have a renewed space. i am still waiting on a pair of hand dyed throws for the two chairs in mustard yellow from india. i'm also am still looking for a pillow for hammond the dog's leather arm chair. but here are the before and afters of what i have so far. and if you dig the new art work and want to make your own, make sure and keep reading after the break.

before:


after:

abs sent me this website and i had to do it!! now this girl, jess' artwork, looks so freaking PRO-fessional. and let me tell you it's harder than it looks!!!!!! it took hours to do and the paint didn't go on the way i wanted, but i love the final result. her instructions are genius. it's super fly. 

love this picture of hammond the dog. my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment