Monday, July 30, 2007

My Boy - Jang Na-Ra, Song of the Week (4th wk of July)


Sunday night I thought of updating my blog, and noticed that I have to change my song of the week. Well from the so romantic song Aloha by Cool, song of the week for the 3rd month of July, now to the cutesy My Boy by our also so cutesy Korean actress, singer Jang Na-Ra.

The next day, Monday, the 1st day of the week, usually the most hectic and the most katamad day of the week. I decided to take a break from the usual Excel, Word, Outlook etc.... work that i do, and went to see how my blog is doing. Well the blog is doing really well, for just a week I got 383 visitor counts already. Thank you to the Audition PH Community for the support.

Anyway, lets talk about one of my favorite Audition songs, My Boy by Jang Na-ra. I thought that her name was Nara Jang, till i made some researches that her surname is Jang and her 1st name is Na - Ra. Just like how Chinese people write their names, surnames go first. Moving on, the 26 year old Na-Ra is not just a singer but also an actress as well, talk about double threat. Na-Ra was born in Seoul, Korea and played in Les Misérables with her dad in her younger days, talent runs in the family.

Nara had a series of acting streaks, like in 2003 she stared in the Movie "Oh! Happy Day!" and been staring in several TV shows from 2001 to 2005. Na-Ra also released 5 solo albums, including the 2003 "The Third Story" album which contained the Audition hit song "My Boy". And not only that, Na-Ra's Cutie vocals had also been included in different compilation albums such as "Jang Nara and Friends, Lady Like and two
other Chinese albums, yes Chinese! Nara Doesn't just sing Korean but Chinese as well, "?? and Gong Fu".

Good looks, angelic voice, successful career, Jang Na-ra has her way of giving back the blessing she received such as doing charity work, sending powdered milk to North Korea, raising money for children with leukemia in China. She also had her "Jang Foundation" .

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jang_Nara

No comments:

Post a Comment